This NOCN Level 1 Award in Information, Advice or Guidance online course is aimed at those workers (either paid or unpaid) who are starting out in an information, advice role or whose role involves general signposting or referral to guidance.
The qualification is suitable for people who are:
- Involved in general signposting in a paid or unpaid capacity in communities, who have not been involved in mainstream education for some time, and who would benefit from developing confidence through a relevant introductory programme of study.
- Interested in information, advice or guidance delivery and who, although not involved in this area at present, would benefit from a relevant introductory programme.
- New to a work role in the information, advice or guidance sector which includes general signposting, for whom this programme would prove a useful induction programme.
The qualification would be particularly useful for:
- Volunteers/paid workers within a broad range information or advice giving contexts
- Learning Champions
- Volunteers in local communities who are involved in a signposting or referral role
- Library and information staff
- Support staff in 14-19 educational establishments.
The minimum age for access to the qualification is 19.
The recommended guided learning hours to achieve the NOCN Level 1 Award in Information, Advice and Guidance is 54. Some learners will be able to achieve these units in a shorter time, other learners may take longer.